Power package – the new SolarMax P series
Specifically for private roof-mounted systems of up to 6kWp, our new P series offers the perfect string inverters. With power outputs of 2-5kW, the devices are real power packages with single- or dual-tracker mode. Along with the highest reliability and installation comfort, they provide for efficiencies of up to 98%.
The four new inverter models of the P series will presumably be available as of May 2013 and with their extraordinary price-performance ratio, they provide for the following advantages:
Optimisation of the solar generator via dual tracker
The SolarMax 4000P and 5000P devices are equipped with two MPP trackers. This way, solar generators can be operated even more flexibly and efficiently. East-west arrangements or even an odd number of modules no longer constitute limitations and the entire roof surface area can be used ideally to generate power. Yield losses caused by partial shading can also be minimised by using the dual trackers. Alternatively, the devices can also be operated in single tracker mode.
Low installation effort due to new connection concept
The integrated connection area allows for quick and easy connection of all required cables. Both AC terminals and communication interfaces are directly integrated into the inverter.
- Thanks to the spring-type terminal, no complex switchover from installation wire to a flexible AC cable is required. This saves working time and material. Moreover, the connections have a larger cross-section. This way, far distances can be bridged at low losses.
- Comfortable cable glands with slotted sealing inserts allow for the connection of Ethernet patch cables without any problems or additional efforts.
- The input/output interfaces (status relay, ripple control contact, etc.) are connected in a time-saving manner to a PCB terminal as well so that no connectors must be pre-assembled.
- All DC connections are MC4-compatible.
Operational safety thanks to passive cooling
The devices of the SolarMax P series do not require any external fans and, thus, are even less susceptible to malfunctions or even failures. Thanks to a new housing concept, cooling is passive. Since the heat is dissipated vertically with the help of natural convection, the inverters must be wall-mounted. This results in the required chimney effect and the cooling function is provided for permanently.
Quick commissioning by means of Plug&Play and simple monitoring
- Thanks to DHCP standard (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), simple configuration (Plug&Play) via Ethernet is possible. This saves time both when integrating the inverter into local networks and when configuring, using the MaxTalk software, for example.
- Furthermore, plant operators can have the performance data of the plant displayed at any time at home using the cost-free MaxMonitoring App. The App is available for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, and Android smartphones.